Saturday, February 7, 2009

25 Random Awesome Facts About Me!

So I filled out this tag on facebook and figured I should put it on here....

1. My name is Emily Carel Mortensen. My middle name is my grandma's name and she was named after her parents. (Their names were Cary and Elmo, so it is the first three letters from Cary and the first two from Elmo) I think it is pretty cool.

2. I really like Elephants. I have a pretty good memory and since elephants are known to never forget when I was little my family would call me Emily Elephant and it just kind of stuck.

3. I go to Utah State University. Even though I am from Southern Utah, I am really learning to enjoy the cold. I really like to experience the four distinct different seasons.

4. I am really shy, especially around people I don't know. Even if I do know you I can still be shy. I promise if I don't talk to you it's not because I don't like you, I am just shy. :)

5. I am the youngest of five girls in my family.

6. I am kind of a home body. I like to go out and have fun but I am perfectly content to stay home.

7. I am a college graduate. :) I got my associates at Dixie State College before transferring up to Utah State University.

8. My favorite color is Lime Green! I am not really sure why but one day I just decided it was my favorite.

9. My favorite food is Mexican. My mom was born and raised in Mexico and so I guess you could say it is in my genes.

10. I play the violin. I have played since 4th grade and now I just play as a Hobby.

11. I have been to 26 states but have never been to Idaho, which is quite funny since I live like 30 miles from the border.

12. I have never broken a bone but am very accident prone. I once got my hair caught while Rappelling and it pulled out a big piece of hair in the front. I think I would've rather broken a bone.

13. I like trying new things, even if I am not very good at them. I like to be able to say I tried.

14. I really like to crochet. I don't really have time to do it but it is fun. My grandma taught me when I was younger and I have just enjoyed doing it.

15. I am a really deep sleeper. It is kind of a problem. I don't always hear my alarm clock in the morning.

16. I was born in August! My birthday has always been right after school starts. Next year it is actually the first day of school!

17. I like to sew! In high school some of my friends and I started our very own sewing club. We were that cool. I also took sewing lessons for a little while when I was in Middle School.

18. I have three handsome nephews and two beautiful nieces. The end of March I will have another handsome nephew! They are a lot of fun!

19. I don't really like cake. Sometimes it is ok but it is definitely not my favorite dessert.

20. I really hate driving! Merging freaks me out. It is just better when other people drive.

21. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, hands down! ;)

22. I like to go hiking. My favorite hike is probably Angels Landing at Zion National Park in Southern Utah.

23. I like to sing in the car. When I was driving with my family to Wisconsin my sister Deneille and I stayed up from 1am-6am driving and we totally rocked out! It was a lot of fun.

24. I really like acoustic music!

25. And lastly, I really like fresh Pineapple and Clementines. They are delicious.

3 comments:

Deneille said...

Wow...This is the best blog you have ever posted, hands down ;) I love you lots! Thanks for sharing 25 awesome facts...You rock my socks!

EaST said...

You are so cute! I loved reading your 25 facts (though I think I knew most of them already). Winter??? I'm still not sure I like 4 distinct seasons ;) Hot and warm are good for me.

Will and Chelsea said...

Love the list! How did I not know about this sewing club?? FYI: You could be here at the Y and still have four distinct different seasons...