Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Exercising!!

So I haven't posted in forever. Since January 29 I have become an avid treadmill walker/runner. It is basically just fast walking at a steep incline (incline is the killer). Since that time I have done 45 miles, and burned over 7000 calories. I have actually only done it for 20 days. I missed 4 days because I was out of town and then I was sick for another 6 days(I know not really an excuse but I just didn't feel good :)) So that is what I have been doing with my life lately, that and school and work and homework. It has been fun, even if I am extremely out of shape. I have worked myself up to 3 miles a day at about 3.8 speed and 8 incline. When I first started I could only handle about 2 miles at a much lower incline but at about speed 3.8. From all this exercising I have been able to lose quite a bit of weight. It is not too noticeable, my mom notices and I have had a couple of other people notice outside of my family but not too many. My friend told me that she could really see the difference in my face, so who knows. It just feels great to be getting healthy. I also hardly eat junk food anymore. :( It is sorely missed. I broke down the other day and drank a Manzanita Sol and ate two squares of chocolate on an ikea bar, I also had some french fries and a hamburger. (the fries and hamburger were on a different day) I am doing better and not craving junk food nearly as much. That is all. Peace Out!!

2 comments:

Kristen Mortensen said...

I am so proud of you...you are my inspiration, maybe one day I will start to exercise too. I love your pink words, they make me laugh.

todd & nicole said...

wow...so nice everyone is posting...now we just need to guilt stacie in to getting a blog. :)