Monday, June 15, 2009

All better now!!

Last week I had surgery to remove my gallbladder. The surgery went well and I am happy to say that I am almost fully recovered. There were a few days there that I thought I would never get better.



To the left is a picture of me at the hospital pre-surgery. I was waiting for the Anesthesiologist to come in. A funny thing that happened just before this is the nurse came in to put my IV in and had some difficulty putting it in. I don't have very good veins, they like to collapse and do funny things especially when I am not hydrated. My mom was in there with me and she told him about my veins and how I was unique and he said that it's not always a good thing to be unique. I am going to have to agree with him on that. Getting poked multiple times is definitely not fun. The nurse tried three times before giving up and leaving it for the Anesthesiologist to put it in. I was really happy that when the Anesthesiologist came in he was able to get it in on the first try.


To the right is a picture of the cute flowers and balloons my Aunt Carla and Grandma and Grandpa Wagner sent me. They definitely brightened my day. The flowers were in a mug with a chicken on it that said Get Well! Eat Veggie Soup!


I am so happy that my surgery is over and hopefully it will make me feel better in the long run!

3 comments:

sarah said...

Yay! I'm glad you're better. When you feel up to it, we need to go to a movie or something..

Will and Chelsea said...

I'm sad you had to have surgery, but SO HAPPY you are almost better!! I'll keep sending some prayers your way Em!

Deneille said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better...Now we can go play! Your chicken mug still makes me smile...Eat veggie soup. Ha Ha

I love you lots!